Why Choose JUMP?
Letter to Preschool Age Parents
Over the past 3 years, the state of California has changed the cut-off date for Kindergarten from Dec. 1st to Sept. 1st.
This means that children cannot start kindergarten unless they turn 5 years old by Sept. 1st.
JUMP Preschool and Kindergarten is a private school. We can determine our own Kindergarten age requirement. JUMP’s kindergarten cut-off date is December 1st. If your child will be 5 years old by December 1st, they qualify for JUMP Kindergarten.
If your child attends JUMP Kindergarten, they will be ready to go directly into a first Grade classroom the following year.
Why Choose JUMP Kindergarten?
1. OUR KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM BUILDS STRONG ACADEMIC SKILLS AND PREPARES YOUR CHILD FOR SUCCESS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
• Innovative, research-based, best practices curriculum to boost learning to the next level with instruction in reading, writing, speaking, listening, math, science, music, art, social studies, bible and character education, Spanish, and PE
• One on one, small & whole group instruction with lessons & learning experiences presented through teacher directed and project-based learning
• Initial and on-going assessments
2. THINGS THAT PARENTS WILL LOVE ABOUT JUMP KINDERGARTEN
• Affordable tuition
• Four or five-day program with daily extended care services; option to roll into our summer program
• Small class size allowing focus on individual student needs
• Hand selected teachers for their passion, experience, credentials & enthusiasm for teaching
• Christian and character development education
• Preschool & Kindergarten on site allowing older students to stay with younger siblings for an additional year
3. ADDITIONAL PROGRAM SPECIFICS
• 30 Minute quiet time while children listen to on-going chapter books such as "Tale of Despereaux" or "Charlotte's Web". (No Naptime)
• Uniforms consisting of any color polo shirt (boys and girls), no logo or design. Khaki or blue bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts); These can be purchased at Walmart, Target, JC Penny's, etc.
• 6 Hour school day with AM/PM care available
• Weekly homework throughout the year
• Computer station with learning games in the classroom
• Annual San Diego Zoo Field Trip in October
• 3 School/Family projects each year
• 2 Open houses each year; Bi-annual parent-teacher conferences
• Small annual materials and book fee